::Making simple things beautiful::

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Industrial stool spruce up

Happy Wednesday to you all!  I finished up a makeover on this great little metal stool today and wanted to share.  This project is a perfect example of seeing potential in simple and ordinary things.

One of my dear friends dropped this rusty stool off on my front porch one day many weeks back.  I was instructed (very sweetly of course) to white wash it and put a number "2" on the seat.  I loved the stool as it was, it has a great industrial feel to it, and I knew it could be an adorable treasure with a little Stuck on GRAY treatment.

Before


After
 

I am so excited about how the 2 turned out.  I have been wanting some large stencils for quite a while, then it donned on me today.  !!!Download a stencil font on the computer!!!  Sure enough, there are about eleventy kajillion to choose from.  I can't wait to use it to make signs. 


I hauled my bucket of dried hydrangeas over to hang above the stool.  Just in case you were wondering, they dried fine upright in the bucket.







Isn't that 2 just the greatest?  I think I will put some of my new typographic beauties on pillows in the near future.  Possibly for myself...there may or may not be a new white couch moving in soon in need of some pillows!!!  Please hold in your excitement!



That's all for now my darlings :)  I have to get back to my newest wreath endeavor.  I am mildly certain that it won't turn out though, more to come on that soon.  Enjoy these next few stormy days...

*{Brittany}*


3 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany! Welcome to blogging. I love your stool, it is so cute and retro old funky looking. I would love to have you join my newbie party that I host every Monday. It actually started early today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out fabulous Brittany! I am your newest follower to see what else you come up with:)
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you so much girls! I am feeling so loved today! I will link up to your newbie party Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete