::Making simple things beautiful::

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Making one very special Halloween cupcake

Before Halloween is completely forgotten I feel the need to share a few Halloween pics.  And it is me you are dealing with...so you know there is diy/save yourself some cash project involved.

A few months back I got the fall Pottery Barn Kids catalog in the mail.  Everything in any PB catalog is always gorgeous and amazing and of course i fell in love with a certain cupcake costume. There was only one problem.  It was $65 smackeroos, and made completely out of felt.


Pretty cute right???

I spent $5 on felt when it was on sale at the fabric store (and maybe used half of it) so I consider this a $2.50 costume really.  I just looked at the picture in the catalog and made it up as I went along.  It took me a couple hours and I think turned out pretty well considering 
a) I made it 
b) It only cost a couple of dollars




 Here is the dynamic duo in action.  It was a funky mix-Woody and a cupcake, but around here we like to keep things funky ; )  I am not sure why but my sweet girl kept bending down every time I snapped a picture.  



Thank you for letting me share my Halloween adventures with you.  I hope you are having a great weekend.

{Brittany} 

No comments:

Post a Comment