::Making simple things beautiful::

Friday, April 1, 2011

Gifted side table & new arrangement

 Hello my dear sweet friends!  I have a boat load of pictures today so I hope you are ready for an eyeful.

I already did a mini tid bit on this side table on the Vintage Market blog, but it was really intended to be shared here.  Last week I was given this side table by one of my very favorite customers.  She told me "you can have this, do whatever you want with it"  You don't have to tell me twice!  I loved it so much as is but thought it would look great white.

Off to the garage I went at my next available free moment.
Before

After-do you hear angels singing? AAh beautiful



I have a lot to say today so bare with me.

One of my sweet nieces brought me this yard of cookies the other day just because she loves me.  Isn't that nice?  I am really feeling the love lately.

Up next, my living room tear apart and rearrange.  I am so impressed with myself.  I actually managed to come up with a new couch configuration.  I had to get mighty creative, but I like how it turned out.  My helper fell asleep on the job, so I was on my own for this project (darn).


I am happy to have this corner back for my favorite vintage chair.  You know, the one that is so wobbly that you can hardly sit in it.   It sure is cute though, so I really don't care if it is actually functional.  I also scored myself another goody from my favorite hot spot, mamma's garage.  I love this frame.  I am sure I will think of a clever way to use it before long.

FYI the oval gold frame was a side of the road freebie that had a floral painted canvas in it.  I painted right on top of the canvas with chalkboard paint and it works great.





Why put the blanket away in the linen closet every morning if it is just going to be dragged out again for cuddling and TV at night?  I found it a home in the living room.  Is that me being lazy or genius?


I distressed the frame a little and it really made the wood detail along the top stand out.  Shame on my momma for painting black over that old cream paint!  I know she regrets it now.  Lesson, don't paint over awesome old paint, OK people?  Unless the color is hideous, then you have my permission.




Don't you just love my old scale?  It was a Christmas gift from my favorite set of twins.  Love it!


The lamp ended up by default on top of this old white stool.  I actually love it as a table.  Why didn't I think of it before?


I stuck this pail up there to put the remotes in, but I am pretty sure it has had just about everything but a remote in it so far.  Reese has been having fun with it.  It was a purse this morning. (Don't mind the debris on the floor)






I liked this shot so well, I am making you suffer with it again with the lavender in place of the daffodils.


That concludes my mess making day off Wednesday.  Thank you so much for reading!  I will be back soon with another fun project or two.

4 comments:

  1. love the picture of your little peep sleeping. Try coming up with a way to display photos in that big, beautiful frame. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I didn't think there was anyone out there besides my friends and family reading. What a lovely surprise. Just out of curiosity, how did you find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you told me! this is Robin! :) I will be in sometime this week to drop off some more cash for my sideboard! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! If it had said Robin I would have known but the Rob threw me off! I haven't painted it yet but I have it on the books for this weekend. As usual I have been overbooking myself. It will look great.

    ReplyDelete