::Making simple things beautiful::

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vintage inspired Christmas and a diy project

Happy Veteran's Day weekend!

As some of you may know, my birthday was actually on Veteran's Day.  I felt so spoiled all day, from the minute I woke up until the second I laid my head down on my pillow.  I spent the entire day with family, so it was extra special, and I even managed to squeeze in a few minutes to browse the new shabby store here in town.  I left the store empty handed, but I am regretting not buying a sweet little white stool that was only $12.  I know, I know, I should have just bought it.

With November in full swing, I have really been itching to start decorating my house for Christmas.  


 It all started with these adorable pink shiny brite ornaments.  I originally bought them for the tree in my booth, but I just couldn't bare the thought of selling them off one by one.  It just wasn't worth it to me.  So, unbeknownst to my husband, we will be having a very pink Christmas tree this year.  And if my ruffled linen tree skirt doesn't sell, I might be nabbing that as well to go under the tree.



I love the row of ribbon ties!



I have also acquired this darling little set of glittered bottle brush trees which inspired a project!  I will share the tutorial soon, but you can just buy inexpensive green bottle brush trees from the craft store and soak them in bleach water.  Let dry, glitter and voila!  You have yourself some very vintage inspired little trees to decorate around the house with.


Enjoy your week!  I will be back soon with that tree tutorial and a diy wreath you will just love.

Lots of love
{Brittany}

1 comment:

  1. love you my friend. Glad you had a great birthday.. Wish I could of seen you in those socks. hehe

    ReplyDelete