::Making simple things beautiful::

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's (ahem painting) Resolution

So here I am on 1-1-11, thinking about what I hope to accomplish in the upcoming year.  I have high hopes for organization (yikes have you seen my garage), getting some major furniture refinishes done (fingers crossed that the dining room table overhaul is among the first) and most importantly to be a better wife and mom.  Sometimes it can be overwhelming to try and balance all of the things that need to be done from day to day, but what counts most is my family. 

 You can see more photos taken by this photographer here.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for the past couple months.  If nothing else, it might just help me to accomplish a couple of those above listed 2011 hopes.  I am notorious for not finishing projects, so maybe blogging about some of my projects will get my arse motivated (a girl can dream can't she?)

The color gray is swirling around inside my head and I just cannot stop thinking about it!  Hence the blog name, Stuck on GRAY.  I am ready to repaint the interior walls of my house and I think I just might be bold (pathetic I know but I am NOT a risk taker) and paint this gray color that I can't get over.  I am so on the fence about my decorating style.  I am constantly flip-flopping back and forth from shabby to contemporary and everything in between.  Having a large supply of furniture and accessories at my disposal only fuels this fire.  You can see the lovely and subtle gray walls below.  This is a photo from Dreamy Whites. 


And as if you really care about seeing more evidence that gray is a versatile wall color, I have a couple more examples to share.  It can be used in more of a country schemed decor, and more modern and eclectic. It has a bit of a romantic flare as well.  So there you have it.  I have officially talked myself into the color. 


I think  gray will give me the flexibility to change my house as often as I want to (and actually do), and will still look good with whatever style I happen to be in the mood for on any given day. That is, until I get the insatiable urge to paint again.  I am sick I know. 

So what does 2011 have in store for you?  Are there any walls in your casa that are in need of a makeover?  Monday I will make my way to Jerry's and purchase the appropriate paint and supplies for this project so I will post more later.  Happy new Year!  B

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Brit.. I am axious already for your next post. love ya Pam

    ReplyDelete