::Making simple things beautiful::

Friday, September 23, 2011

Stuck on a lamp shade

Ok so I realize that I was a bit of a let down yesterday.  I did promise consecutive posts, but I was getting ready for an annual weekend away with the girls.  We are spending the weekend in Portland this year.  So far today we have been up with the sun to go to the flower market, we have had pedicures, lunch and a bit of shopping.  We randomly found ourselves at Pier 1.  Pier 1 is usually not my style, but I did find a lampshade that I am now dying to make!

Rosette Hayworth Lamp

Is that not the cutest thing ever?  It is a pretty good sized lamp, and I thought the $99 price tag was reasonable.  Well you know me, it might be reasonable but I am waaaaaaaaaay to cheap to ever spend the money on one.  However, it is now on my to do list.  I think I just might bump this project up between numbers 54 and 55 on my list just so I can accomplish it sometime in the next ten years.  You know, while it is still in style : )

I also came across two sets of lockers today that I can't stop thinking about.  It is totally impractical though, seeing as I already have a set for sale in my booth.  And the minor detail that I have no way to get them home. Bummer!
On a positive note, I am about to finish up some gorgeous flowers for a wedding.  I will post pics tomorrow!  Have a fabulous night!

No comments:

Post a Comment