::Making simple things beautiful::

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Drying hydrangeas and unwrapping a surprise


It has been so nice enjoying the cold and sunny fall days we have been blessed with this week.  My kids have thoroughly enjoyed their time outside, and I will be honest and admit that I have enjoyed it too.  My house was clean for almost an entire hour today while they were outside building a fort and climbing through the lilac bushes.  And what a way to end the day...right now I am snuggled up next the the fireplace in my jammies.  This is the life.

In the middle of my cleaning marathon, I managed to sneak a few minutes to take pictures of these hydrangea stems I cut yesterday.  I saw them while I was at my mom's house and decided that someday soon I might like a dried hydrangea wreath.  That requires patience on my part though, as I have to hang them upside down and wait for them to dry.  And since I possess little patience for that sort of thing, I am trying my luck at just letting them dry upright in this enamel bucket.


Oh yes, and I found a treasure today...



My mom sold her house and only has a month to get packed up and moved, so I have been receiving boxes of goodies from her.  There are advantages and disadvantages to this.  Disadvantage -I am getting bags and boxes full of my childhood crappe.  It is all stuff that I can't part with (such as baby book baby shoes stuff my grandma made me etc.), but I am already considered a hoarder in 46 states so taking on more is just insane.  Advantage-I found a lovely little blue jar mixed in with a box full of old hazel atlas jars.  I was very excited to unwrap this one and add it to my collection.






That sums up my day : )  Cleaning, a touch of decorating, going through boxes and bags, and finding gold in the form of a coveted blue jar.  Tomorrow is my little guy's first day of show and tell at school.  He is taking in a pumpkin that was given to him by Bill and Cathy aka ma and pa from the Amazing Race.  I know he is going to have a blast getting to stand up in front of his class and talk.  That is just his type of thing.  He is such a social little guy.  I love him so much.

Enjoy your evening and thanks a million for reading!
-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment