::Making simple things beautiful::

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rearrangaholic makes discovery

I have had the itch to move our tv for months now.  It has been in the same place for almost three years, but I wasn't exactly sure that I could make it all work in the new spot.  I was originally thinking that I would have to teach myself how to drill in a new cable outlet to an outside wall, but I really really didn't want to have to go that route.  Light bulb moment!  I could just use an extra long cable cord and string it behind my curtains.  Not ideal, but it would get the job done.  

Sooo, last night while Tim was in class I began my project by pulling the long cable cord out through the outlet.  After I had pulled about ten feet of cord through, I started feeling water.  This meant that there must be some standing water under the house.  After a thorough inspection, my husband concluded that there has been a leak under our bath tub for some time.  Not good.  My mind went right to plumber, and then to dollar signs.

Luckily, I have a super handy hubby. He educated himself on the topic and bought what he needed to get the job done.  He ran out of time to finish it tonight, but I have every confidence that he will be able to get it all done (knock on wood).  Until then, there will be no bathing at my house.

So, you ask, did I ever get the tv moved?  You betcha!
I literally took two seconds to snap this pic, but it is the corner where the tv was.  I moved my little farmhouse desk over there and stuck the lamp on it.


Please ignore the cables and junk under the table.  I haven't quite finished up my project.  I need to find a basket to stick it all in to hide it.  I am still not used to the new arrangement, but I love it.  Or is it just that I love change?  Well thank goodness for that or it might have been another year or more before we noticed our leak.

Have a great night, and rearrange to your heart's content...you never know what you might find.
-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment