::Making simple things beautiful::

Friday, October 7, 2011

Latest finds and creeping pink

I'm back!  You might have to sit down for this one, but yes I am doing back to back posts!

We just got home from a wild night at Chuck E. Cheese with the kiddos.  It was a special treat from Grammy for my sweet girl's birthday.  She ran and ran through that place and then got to go shopping at Toys R Us and then to spend the night with her Grammy.  I cannot express how excited I am to sleep solid through the night without having to go find a pacifier for a sweet girl at 3 am.  Aaaaah!

I thought I would share a few pictures of some of my latest finds.


As it turns out, I have become quite the little hoarder of antique kitchen scales.  I now have five!  I keep finding reasons not to part with any of them.  They are all so uniquely worn and aged.  It is bordering on ridiculous that I have so many, but I love each one for different reasons.  I have decided that I will part with these two though.


I have to say that I almost like the rusty ones better than the ones that are in better shape.  There is just something about rust that is irresistible to me.  Rust and chippy paint, the perfect combo.


I have had my eagle eyes out for vintage locker baskets.  I put the only two that I had in my booth with hefty price tags and they both sold last month!  I feel like I will probably regret not keeping this one too, but I already have so many baskets that I can't part with.  I am really trying to be good about only keeping things that I truly love or that have sentimental value (I apply this rule only to the inside of my house, not my garage.  For those of you out there who have seen my garage, please don't laugh at me, I am working out my hoarding issues : )


This basket is a little different than most that I come across because it has the solid front.  This might come in handy if you need a cute basket but need to hide something not so cute inside.


I am so excited about some new paint colors that I have!  I was given some really great paint in a vast array of gorgeous colors including pink , cottage green, a pretty light green and more.  I used the pink on a little rickety side table that I had on my front porch.  I had intended for it to go to my booth but for the time being, it has made itself right at home next to my couch.  Oh yes, the pink is creeping right in.  I am just waiting for my husband to tell me how much he hates it.  But for now, I will just enjoy!

Tomorrow we have a fun morning at the pumpkin patch planned, followed by volleyball and some major party shopping.  Enjoy your weekend!

-Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment