::Making simple things beautiful::

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ruffles and a chair before and after

As yet another weekend comes to an end, I am excited to have new projects to share.  We had a pretty uneventful weekend around here so I had plenty of time to dive into some projects that I have been wanting to do for some time.

First, I will share my favorite pillow to date.  Back off ladies...this one is all mine    : )  I learned a lot as I made this pillow slip, but the one thing that sticks out in my mind is to never again complain about the price of ruffled linens.  This mamma jamma took for evah to make.  If I feel ambitious again in the future I might make a set for my booth but I doubt it.  My attention span for any given project is all of about 60 minutes and let's just say these ruffles went beyond that time frame.  It sure is nice to look at on my couch though.
  

Now for the before and after.

I was hired to do a mini makeover on this chair and I was so excited to see how it would turn out.  The frame was already perfectly finished in this great robin's egg blue so all I had to do was upholster the pads.

Before



After

Isn't it darling?



The paint that is on the frame was done years ago and is just beautiful.  It is the perfect color.


I wish I could share with you all the adorable house where this chair is going.  It really looks as though it should be in a magazine.  The owner has some amazing shabby pieces like white slip covered sofas, chippy hutches and some great architectural pieces.  It is so inspiring to see her house, and this chair will be the perfect addition!

That's all for now!  Don't forget about the pillow slip giveaway!  To enter, first become a follower of my blog and then leave me a comment on the previous post telling me which covers you would like if you win!



No comments:

Post a Comment