::Making simple things beautiful::

Friday, August 5, 2011

A frosted cell phone

This is not really vintage or shabby chic related, but it is "me" related so I thought I would share.

One of my nieces turned 11 this week and she asked me to make her birthday cake. 

 We knew she would be getting a cell phone as a birthday gift, so we came up with the idea to hide the phone inside the cake.  The top tier of the cake is actually a butter container with the phone inside all frosted to look like cake.


Right after we sang Happy Birthday, her phone rang from inside the cake (as planned).  We all thought she would immediately know that she got a phone for her birthday but she was very confused.


She had a priceless expression on her face once she actually realized what was going on.  It was a funny evening, and might I add that in the last 24 hours since she got her phone, she has already been grounded from it!  Silly girl.



It was fun to be a part of the festivities, and I was even able to eat mass amounts of homemade frosting in the process.  A win win if you ask me ;-)

Have a great weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment