::Making simple things beautiful::

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Best garage sale find and lilacs

As promised, I wanted to share my favorite garage sale find to date.  Why on Earth would someone ever sell this beauty? The turquoise is so pretty, and I don't ever see scales in this color.  Oh how can I love someone else's junk so much!  I never thought I would see the day when my favorite places to shop would be tag sales!

I also thought I would share a bit of my lovely lilac bush (well actually I have two of them, please try not to be too jealous!)  I brought this very very antique ironstone set home from the shop and was really at a loss of what to do with it.  It sat on my kitchen counter for days in hopes that I would find a safe (from my children) place to display it.  And BAM!  Just like most of my ideas, suddenly I just knew it had to sit in my entryway filled with lilacs.


The window frame is an item that I stole (I use that term very lightly, more like borrowed!) from my dear sweet friend Pam.  I sure love it, so only time will tell if it is ever returned to her.  Love you Pam...



I have been waiting very patiently for my sweet girl to start climbing out of her crib so that I can put her big bed in her room and use this adorable step stool next to her bed.  That stubborn little girl refuses to climb out of her crib.  She climbs on and terrorizes everything else imaginable but oh no!  Not when decorating depends on it.  For now, it is just sitting propped up in the entryway waiting and waiting.


That's all I have for now, but I still have to share my new living room rug and amazingly amazing trunk turned over sized coffee table.  Oh and one more thing, do you remember that gorgeous buffet that had the rounded shelf on top that I was painting?  It is making the long trek to its new home tomorrow so I will snap a few after pictures.  It looks so pretty, I am sad to see it go.  Oh here I go again sounding like a major hoarder who can't part with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment