::Making simple things beautiful::

Friday, May 13, 2011

Painting dilemma & booth projects

Happy Friday Night!  With only 9 days left before the big baby shower at my casa, I am feeling the pressure to get things checked off of my ginormous list.  Today Tim and I finished the floor trim and textured and painted the seams on the walls.  Now I am faced with the dilemma of where to stop painting.  You know how it goes, one wall leads to another and so on and then you are committed to painting the whole bleeping place.  I have called in reinforcements for tomorrow night to help me get all of that situated.  So you know darn well I will be sharing that progress soon, barring any mental breakdowns.

I have been so excited to share the newest batch of goods that I took down to my space.  This dresser has been around forever it seems like.  My parents had it in their house, it has been passed around a bit, it was in the shop, and now it is mine.  I knew it could be so much cuter, and then a fab idea came to me.  I stenciled the numbers on the drawers and added antique porcelain knobs and presto chango!  I hate to get rid of it but I know that I can always make another one if this one sells.

Here is my "pile".  A few things didn't make it into the picture which saddens me, but if you have a burning desire to see it all, you will just have to take a trip down to the antique mall.


I was searching around for some old wood to make signs on and I found one of my many old wooden crates.  I thought it would be a breeze to take it apart and use the sides for my signs but boy was I wrong.  It took a lot of elbow grease to pry those rusty old nails out, but I am very pleased with the finished product.  I need to get a few more stencils, but for now you are stuck looking at the nest signs.  Sorry to all of you bird haters out there.


I didn't get a good shot of the blue shutters but here you can see them a bit more closely.  Yet another thing that was hard to part with.  I am really trying to prevent my house from becoming one of those horrifying hoarders scenes.  If you happen to see me on a hoarders episode someday, you have my permission to pretend that you have never heard of me.


Last but not least, I made a chalkboard on an old planked cupboard door.  I added a glass knob and a quote.  This picture doesn't do it much justice, it is pretty cute in person.


Thanks for reading, have a wonderful fun filled weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Britteny, I can only guess that you are waiting for me to contact you since you must be done with my sideboard by now. Please contact me at Oak Elementary or the phone number I left you when I gave you the money. Can't wait to hear from you! Robin

    ReplyDelete