::Making simple things beautiful::

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Frenchy chair apprehensive upholstery

I want to share my latest booth projects.  I bought this chair from a Craigslist ad a few months ago with aspirations to paint and reupholster it.  I didn't have the confidence to tear into at that time, but I got inspired to try it last week, not knowing how it would turn out.

It wasn't bad to begin with, it just didn't look like it belonged in my house, so I knew it wouldn't look right in my booth.

After a whole lotta tearing and poking and prying, I finally managed to remove the old staples and fabric.  I used my faux grain sack technique for the upholstery, and painted the frame.

I also tried my luck at making a slip cover for a stool that I found.  I am so shocked...it didn't turn out half bad.

I am so thankful that I was able to power through these projects despite being so sick.  It has given me the confidence that I need to tackle a few other chairs that I have stashed out in the garage.

I also took this garden trellis down to my booth.  It would be great out in the lawn or garden, but I came to love it right there in my dining room.

That is all I have for now.  We are working on a set of vintage lockers and a potting stand, so check back soon to see more.  Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment